Monday, July 29, 2013

Tucuman -July 29th

Hello Family!
This past week was quite wonderful. We didn't have any of the 5 baptisms we were hoping for, but they'll get there eventually, I have no doubt! Sara (with the dentist and the smoking problem) had a brother that she hasn't seen in 15 years come to visit, so wasn't home almost at all. Carlos, a "dry member" that´s been going to church for years and finally decided to get baptized went on a surprise vacation. The father of two girls that want to get baptized was really stubborn, and refused to give permission, despite every effort from us, the district leader, and the zone leaders, too. David, the father of the girl that passed away, is super ready, and as soon as he gets back from visiting family in Buenos Aires, we have his baptism planned! Satan does a lot to stop people from getting baptized, but only because the blessings are so huge. I'm consoled in the fact that God always wins out in the end.
I want you to know that you guys answered my prayers this past week. I always love getting your letters because you're all so wonderful, but when I read one last week about trials and challenges, it really helped me refocus and get a better attitude. That, combined with the president's letter and a talk from Elder Cook that I remembered - "It's better to look up," made this last week great! I also studied a bit about pioneers and how they took their trials as a way to grow closer to God. The mission is great. My leaders have been a huge support for me lately, and we found a really cool 8 year old that was so happy she was on the verge of bursting into laughter every second. Mosiah 3:19 to mind. (For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the fHoly Spirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchildksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.) Despite the below freezing temperatures and other stuff going on, it was so cool to remember my Savior and the importance of doing this work with good cheer (D&C 123:17)
Anyway, we had two great asados this week. It´s like... a grill. Lots of meat. Really tasty. I like Argentina!
We had a cool lesson with an investigator that we've been trying to get to the church. Her 10 year old nephew came with us, and wow! His testimony was fantastic! "I love going to church and reading my scriptures because every time I do it, I feel the Spirit and I know it, and even though I sometimes don't go because my mom sleeps in, I know it's true." Kids are awesome! And as a side note, thanks for never sleeping in parents!
We did double divisions this week. I went with the district leader, then with a zone leader. Being away from my companion a bit helped me to realize how much I've learned and applied from his example. I've become much more insistent, much more excited, and my Spanish has gotten TONS better during my time with him. God knows what he's doing, and has this work organized down to every companionship.
Well, that's what I experienced this week. There's always lots of miracles and great things going on, and I know that if we take the time to be happy and notice them, we'll be blessed richly from our loving Father. Hope you all have a great week!

Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment