Monday, September 23, 2013

Tucuman - September 23rd

Hello my beloved family!
I fixed it with super glue and tape!
So I fixed my comp's bed that collapsed last week! I felt very handymanish.  
We talked to a couple old lady inactives this week. Wow... People just need to get along with their neighbors. Weird how little quibbles can lead to forfeiting eternal exaltation and deciding to go an apostate church. I'm just happy to be a member with a testimony.
We had a great lesson with some really open, smart catholics! When we came back they were really concerned, and asked us if we did blood pacts. I wasn't sure if I understood at first, but apparently they'd heard we do blood pacts. I was happy to report that we don't, and then teach a wonderful Plan of Salvation lesson.
The tie Elder Sant (my trainer who recently went home)
gave me.
I'm getting my package!!!! I´m super excited, hence the excessive use of exclamation points. I´m so excited for new music NOT downloaded from the MoTab conference library!
My comp got kinda sick, so I decided to make food. If I do say so myself, I can cook if I really want to. I made oatmeal, jello, churripan (kinda like bratwurst), and a type of mac and cheese. If you hear something about the noodles being accidentally saturated in salt, just ignore it. They tasted just fine.
While I waited for my comp to get better I got a lot of planning done. Toward the end I was going a little crazy from being inside so long, but the power of pills is wonderful, and it only lasted a day!
We met an awesome catholic guy who said that he would reactivate himself in his church once the priest got married. We had a wonderful eternal marriage conversation and invited him to church. Unfortunately his soon-to-expire marriage with his wife prevents him from changing religion. He already tried once and she got really mad at him. Just makes me happy for the wonderful things the church teaches about the family.
Our apartment - we live in that part up top,
Church was nuts. We went to pick up people we said we'd go with. They seemed surprised when we showed up. "Just a sec, I'll be out in a jiffy!" So we waited. And waited. And waited... Then they came out completely changed. We were late to church, but we were saved by a really awesome member who decided to bring all of her friends to church! Lots of investigators there. Moral of the story - Be ready to go to church, and if you want to make the missionaries REALLY happy, bring lots of non-member friends with you!
Last experience. We had an awesome lesson with a lady this week who just didn't understand the importance of keeping commandments. I thought back on a few similar situations and thought, "she really needs Mosiah 2:41." (And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.) My comp let me know that he wanted to say something and I thought, "But I really want to share this scripture!" I looked over and he already had his BoM open to Mosiah.
Me studying.
Later we talked about it and he told me the thought process he had to get to that scripture. Completely different, but with the same end. The spirit works through mysterious, distinct ways, but if we listen, it'll take us to where we need to be.

Well, I hope you all have a great week! Love you guys!

Landon
Our washing machine.
Facturas! They're delicious.

Elder Lyman and Quipes. They're like meatloaf balls.
Elder Lyman in the cyber cafe.

1 comment:

  1. Elder Willey, we love your blog! It's great to hear two perspectives on life in Tucaman. Thanks for being such a wonderful trainer and example for our son.

    ReplyDelete