Tuesday, May 7, 2013

San Salvador de Jujuy - May 6th


Hey family!
You should all be very proud of me. I cooked my own hamburgers and peach cobbler last Monday!
We have an investigator right now, Manuel, who is super cool. He's really committed to his baptismal date, and it's so great to work with him. He also said the prayer for the first time the other day without help!
We're also working with the friend of a convert of 2 years or so. She doesn't understand much at all. But it's really great for the convert! She went to church for the first time yesterday in a year!
We had a really awesome lesson in the street the other day. With my new companion, I'm kinda in charge of where we go, since he doesn't know the area really well. All of our plans fell through, and I had no clue where to go. I started walking, not exactly sure where, but this group of girls waved and said hi. Anyone who knows missionaries knows that you shouldn't do that. We turned around and walked toward them. I love that look of terror when they realized that you're gong to talk to them! It was fun - we talked about prophets and the restoration, and I was whipping out different pictures in my art book. As with most lessons, half of them started to walk off and those who were really interested stayed there. We set up a return appointment and went back Saturday. That was cool! They had read and wanted to know more (and they only have 13 and 14 years!) It was a little awkward when a transvestite came and started listening, but oh well. They still paid attention. And one of them went to church! Young Women's yesterday was bigger than I've ever seen it.
The economy here isn't doing so well. All the prices are started to raise because a dollar is 8 pesos now. Thank goodness the church uses dollars!
Our ward correlation is going great! I love talking to the guy they have in charge now. He knows all the converts and a lot of the formers, and really can help, rather than just saying, "Keep up the good work. Your progress record looks good. See you next week."
I trimmed hedges this week! It was fun, and the lady was really appreciative. I also taught a guy who must have drunk half a bottle of rubbing alcohol during the lesson, despite our best efforts to stop him. We also had a really cool lesson using Mormon Messages. I love those.
Well, I hope you all have a great week! Love ya!
Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment