Monday, May 27, 2013

San Salvador de Jujuy - May 27th


Hola Beloved Family!
Luckily the whole winter thing didn´t last too long. It´s warmed up a bit since last week, but I don´t think it´ll be long before the cold comes back.
I´m pretty sure I saw Kenzie Lauder in the June Liahona in a great article on prayer. Highly recommend it.
Thank you all so much for the letters! 
Well, this week was pretty cool. We didn´t have a baptism because Manuel, our investigator, had an emergency trip he had to take for work to go to Buenos Aires in order to keep his job. He´ll be back this week, though, and he seems so excited!
This week I was looking a bit in the Proclamation about the Family and I realized again just how blessed I am to have awesome parents that taught me how to feel the Spirit and brothers and sisters who always helped my testimony grow. Not to mention the amazing examples I´ve had as grandparents!
We found two pretty cool families this week! I don´t know if it´ll go anywhere, but finding families is always fun! In fact, we found a lot of people this week. We spent a lot of time going though the ward directory with around 300 less actives, and as we tried to figure out where the heck they lived, lots of helpful people said we could share something quick with them! Plus it´s great when members prepare the way. We talked to one lady that had a few LDS pictures in her home and a Book of Mormon thanks to her neighbor.
I think one of my favorite moments of the week was a short lesson we had with an athiest. He said, "I´m really not interested. I haven´t found anything to convince me there´s a God, but I´ll give you guys a shot." So we gave it a shot. In the end, we didn´t change his mind at all, but I had so much fun bearing testimony! It´s like Elder Anderson said, "This isn´t missionary work, this is missionary fun!" I realized while testifying just how many great experiences I´ve had in my life to strengthen my testimony - EFY, church meetings, family home evening, conversations with my parents about the gospel - everything! And I could testify that I really don´t have a single tiny doubt in my mind that my loving Heavenly Father has answered every prayer I´ve ever said to ask if this gospel is true. I´ve received my answer in various ways, every one powerful in its own sense. Needless to say, it was a great experience.
I had a type of rest this week with exchanges with the Zone Leaders. Big suprise. They called Wednesday afternoon and said, "Hey, exchanges today in an hour." I worked outside my area for the second time on my mission. It´s always great to see what other missionaries do, and what you can apply to improve. I learned a lot. I think my favorite lesson I had with him was with a guy that has lots of problems with the Word of Wisdom named Willy. We talked to him and his friend about the blessings of Church and the Book of Mormon. They were really cool, and insisted on shining our shoes. That made me happy.
Speaking of members leading the way, we taught a lady that was super cool that was a referral from her member neighbor. In the past week she read from the beginning to 1 Nephi twice (intro, testimonies, etc) and through chapter 17. It was so awesome! People progressing is the best.
So during my study this week, I was looking into apostasy and dispensations, and I found a quesiton I couldn´t answer. That´s always fun! When there´s an apostasy, can there still be people with the priesthood? I know that the keys and the authority are taken away, but I got to thinking that it´s possible there´s still unauthorized priesthood holders that don´t have keys nor authority to exercise their priesthood. Still want to look into it a little more, but it was fun to think about.
Anyway, seems like all is well. Good luck with the shed, and happy Labor Day! And while I´m at it, happy 25 de Mayo (One of the independence days of Argentina)
Love you guys!
Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment