Monday, February 3, 2014

Libertador General San Martin (Ledesma), Salta - February 3, 2014

Hello Beloved Family!
The ward sent me the newsletter! That´s kinda fun! I couldn't read much of it, so maybe I'll print it later, but tell them thanks for me!
I used family search this week! It was weird from an Argentine perspective. Mine is really boring. It's all filled. Our converts have nothing. So we get to help them fill it! That´s really fun. Especially when their family members are members as well!
I've spent this week studing verse by verse in the first chapters of Nephi and something of Isaiah. It's really cool! Just reading in Chapter one, there´s so much packed into the first 6 verses! After studying all the cross references, I decided that there´s no way that Jospeh Smith wrote the Book of Mormon... Again. It just really is incredible the depth that the scriptures have!
Our branch president is on vacation! It's really great. He´s not working, so he's got all the time in the world to do whatever! We had a great branch council and we're currently working on helping the sisters with their visits. It's great!
I did exchanges with Elder Parada this past week for the second time on my mission. He's from Colombia, but he acts super gringo. It was so weird comparing the exchanges this time to the exchanges from a year ago. It was very different. Crazy what time can do to ya.
PABLO IS GETTING BAPTIZED! I'm just really excited about that. We went by to go with him to church and he was there waiting for us. He's also truckin' through the Isaiah chapters like a pro. I'm convinced that the difference between him and other investigators that haven't progressed as much is the reading in the Book of Mormon. Even though he admittedly doesn't understand much of it, just by reading it he knows it's true. The branch is pretty excited and so are we!
We had three investigators in church! It was kinda unexpected. Pablo came from the beginning. From there Lucila (who's awaiting the paperwork for her marriage) showed up late, even though she said that she wouldn't be able to come due to work. Lastly came Gladys - Elio's mom. I don't know if I've said much about Elio, but he's pretty close to baptism. He just has to decide to do it and realize that the church is true. Other than that he's good - keeping all the commandments and such. Fun thing about Gladys - she's never made it due to work, illness, and a million other excuses. Then, yesterday, even though Elio was sick, she showed up. She was about to go home when a 19-year-old sister said, "Hi! Come on in! Everyone's in this class back here!" She resisted, but the sister took her by the hand into the class. Yay for member missionary work!
Speaking of that, we had a fun experience of running into two references that just happened to like to play soccer with members. It's super easy to teach when the members have already paved the way.
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all! Thanks for all you do for me!
Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment