Monday, January 27, 2014

Libertador General San Martin (Ledesma), Salta - January 27, 2014

Hello Family!
This week started well. We had a slow Monday where no one was home, but on the way back to the apartment, we saw a lady sweeping up, so we asked to help and she let us! Then we taught the whole family the restoration. Only to find out the next day that her brother is an inactive member that had moved from the address registered in the church! It was just a rather cool experience.
I had an interview with President Levrino. It's always cool to see how ecclesiastical leaders can give you direction and advice as if they knew everything about your situation. I love it!
I left my sombrero in the taxi up to Yuto. I was very sad. Then Elder Allan told me that we could go look for it. We just happened to be able to find the taxi driver. He told us my hat was in the back! It was a great miracle. God cares about the little things.
The Book of Mormon is great! We had a meeting about that on Tuesday, and we've been using it all week. Instead of going in and teaching lessons, we just read with them, and the lessons come on their own during the reading. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that that book and Preach my Gospel were made at the same time in the same factory. It's just hard to express how cool the change was! I love the Book of Mormon. I know it's true. I know that it fits perfectly with the Bible, and between the two of them, we have everything we could ever want to get to the celestial kingdom.
I went on exchanges with Elder Allan. He's a smart jock from Springville. It was really fun to get to know him better. Yuto is a tiny pueblito out in the middle of nowhere. Kind of a change from my other areas! The nice thing is that they have great AC up there. It was hard to come back to Ledesma.
We talked to an investigator that hasn't been able to get married because her future husband lost his job and they didn't have the cash to tie the knot. She prayed for help and found a job the next day! God answers prayers!
So yes, I finished up all my paperwork on Friday and I'm legal again! Also, I hit my one year mark since the time I came to Argentina (which is why I needed to renew my visa). I went down to Salta and saw all my MTC district (I can't believe I didn't take a picture). We went down and waited outside the migrations office for a couple hours. Then they told us that they'd lost all our paperwork and that we'd have to start over again. I was kinda scared, because when you have  to go to Salta, the work in your area starts going really slow, since that's what happens when there aren't missionaries. Luckily they found them and after six hours of waiting just to be present, they gave me a paper and told me I was done. No picture, no signature, nothing. I'm not complaining though! I also saw Ashley Hanks who went to Swing club with me down there! Always an adventure in Salta.
I had three baptismal interviews that I did this week. The first two went well, especially since the guy had overcome smoking and drinking addictions, but they ended up not being able to get married due to the crazy paperwork necessary here. The other got baptized on Saturday! It was really great, even though the kid scared me a ton when he said that he'd gone to jail before. Turns out that it wasn't because he'd done anything bad. Plus we had three investigators show up to the service! That's always great.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great week!
Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment